lørdag 4. august 2007

Rocket launch

Rocket launch
Rocket launch
Nice column
of smoke,
over the chimney,
behind the roof.
Nice column of moke, over the chimney, behind the roof.

Ground quakening. Windows shivering. Some kind of thunder shaking my ears.

- What the dot dot dot is this? There are no such thing as earthquake around here.

Then I remeber the rocket launch. Run to the veranda door. A thick column of smoke stands over the ocean. I hear the rocket engine burning out. The second engine takes over with a blast, far, far away. If it was clear sky I would have seen the first engine fall burning throug the sky.

Made a bloody noise. I leapt a good inch or two.

This happende at 0050am. There will be one to follow this one, so I sit down. Waiting. Exactly 30 min. later the second rocket is prepeard. I grab my camera phone while running to the door. Hopeless. The fog is so thick now, the smoke barely shows.

NASA are here now. Everyone believed the launch would come some days later. There are som heavy, misty clouds hanging over our little island now. But it is no wind, so maybe that made them take a chance on the launch?

rocketrange.no

Ingen kommentarer: