lørdag 3. oktober 2009

My personal panorama

Blue sky sparkles only for me. I'm alone here. Out on the blue. Paddling towards Tranesvågen. Looking for seals. Wery soon a snout pops out of the water. A pair of eyes starring at me. Watching me. Sliding down in to the blue again.

I expect this little buddy to come up behind me, at my left or right side. Not straight behind me.

Sure enough. Here it comes. Soon other snouts pops up - and dives again.

Eagles and crows gathered for a fiesta on the beach. I paddle towards the stony shore. They want move. It's a real gathering. Something worth risking human company for. An otter flee. Runs into the algas in the shore line and disappear.

I land on the beach. Eagles and crows fly away. Not far. Sitting on the stones watching me. I walk up among the stones, search for the fiesta remains. There, in the dark, undersome big stnes it lay. A lumpfish (Cyclopterus lumpus).

Back in the kayak. I padle to the bottom of Tranesvågen. Here are no seals, I conclude, and make my way to Kobbøya (litteraly translated: Seals Island) and have a break and something to drink and eat. And as I stand here, talking to a small bird, I become aware of someone running over the stony beach. Some one noisy. En elk! It eyes me up. I am no threat for this bull. He passes me with a few meters and throws himself at the sea. Swimming over the bay. What a sight!
I grab my binocular and watch this beatiful animal swimming in the cold water. Then I turn around and focus on the road above the moors. And quite right. There they are. The hunters. Elk hunters. It is hunting time now. But this elk got away. This time.

Ingen kommentarer: