torsdag 22. oktober 2009

A day out in the open shooting seals


Went to Breivika to shoot some video of the seals. Brought with me my trusty old Canon XL1 DV camera and a tripod, to make sure I got some good footage.


Some 40 seals laid there in the cold sun this early morning. Well, not so early really. I had to wait for enough daylight. It's getting darker here every day now that winter is closing in on us. The days are getting shorter.

So the clock turned 10 am before I could start. The tide was wery low. I could walk out on the sand and got pretty close upon them.

Well done, I payed a visit to Skogvoll and Børra. In Børra there where five seals floating in the sea. That surprised me a bit, because the seals have usually left the bay at high tide. It's the first time I have seen any one left there.

In Skogvoll, they were at the usual places.

(PS: Jeg har plassert min blogg i Andenesnorske bloggkart!)

Ingen kommentarer: