tirsdag 27. juni 2006

Set sail! - the upside down story

They must have been put in the same way they were taken down — I thought.

Looking in the sack, grabbing a part of the sail. Joined it to the rigging. – This doesn't look right at all. Why is this sharp part down here, I mumbled to my self. – Silly boy. You don’t know these things. Just snap it to the rigging. Don't think and every thing will be all right, I replied to myself.

Clear of the docks I killed the engine. Opened the lock. Grabbed the rope, and hauled. Up came the front sail, and all my suspicions were right. I had hauled the sail up side down. The sharpest part of the sail pointed down at the deck.

You could say I learned to rig the sail pretty fast - the right way this time.

I used almost two hours on the fjord to learn what all the ropes and locks and stuff were there for. I was pretty proud of my self when the wind grabbed the sails and we gained speed.

This was the first time I sailed. I have no sail training and no sail course. Still I managed to get the sails up. Sail for a couple of hours and bring her safely back in to harbor.

And for those of you who have a clear eye. Yes! It is a eZ publish partner t-shirt I wear ;-)

Ingen kommentarer: